Advertisements

I Want that F*%king Miniature!: Snookums Horrorclix

16 Oct

titlekingminis

I haven’t had much opportunity to post recently, nor have I had chance to access any of my stuff to continue my articles in the Grim’s Dungeons of Doom series (Trust me, next part is coming up in the form of barrels…) So, with that in mind until normal service is resumed I’m going to be posting up some previews of stuff I’m working on and a new type of series simply called “I Want that F&%king Miniature!” detailing the weird, strange or simply cool minis out there that I just have to get hold of.

To kick it all off I want to start with this trippy mini from the Horrorclix range, Snookums.

snook

Now, while a lot of miniature purists don’t hold the clix figures as the best due to their prepaints and bendy plastic, I’ve always thought that with a good repaint or touch up that most of the time they work out fine (mostly)

Where I am most of the access to clix figures is quite limited mainly to ebay and such, so when I saw this I just thought to myself, I just have to have it.

Rolf "paedo" Harris pops by to sketch Barney and his child cult whilst in the process of praising the dark lord Satan.

A Rolf “paedo” Harris lookalike pops by to sketch Barney and his child cult whilst in the process of praising the dark lord Satan. Shemhamforash!, Hail Barney!

Everyone knows Barney, that “loveable” purple dinosaur of TV fame, who seems to hang around with groups of brainwashed kids in his creepy Paedo-istic (Is that really a word? No, but you get the idea) style.Well, this figure takes that disturbing vibe and amplifies it by adding an evil zombiefied edge, sharp teeth and chainsaw.

When I saw this figure I thought of the possibility of getting quite a few of these and running some kind of game in a similar vein to five nights at freddies. I’m all for parody miniatures, the weirder the better in fact, even so people find figures like this limited in use, I could easily use this as a antagonist in any number of games, after all, who wouldn’t enjoy the idea of kicking the shit out of a load of Barneys over and over, and I’m sure it’d be the nearest any of us will ever get to it. Imagine the 40K fun you could have sending waves of these against your Imperial forces!!

WTF!! Bathtime will never be the same again!!!

WTF!! Bathtime with Barney will never be the same again!!!

A quick slice and swap out the chainsaw for any number of weapons for variety. I just love the weirdness of this mini! I think I’ll be trying to acquire a few of them for future use. If there are any of you out there with any going spare, feel free to drop me a line regarding doing a swap or such ever.

I’ll be back later with a Grinning Skull miniature greens preview and more 4xD babble!

Advertisements

8 Responses to “I Want that F*%king Miniature!: Snookums Horrorclix”

1. Roger Webb October 19, 2015 at 5:45 pm #

That is one messed up miniature, I love it!!! I like the fact that you can repurpose “Klix’ers” I’ve just done one myself of “Blob” from the X men for Zomtober..

and you I would like to kick the cr*p out of Barney!!

Cheers Roger.

Liked by 1 person

• grimace73 October 19, 2015 at 6:05 pm #

I really love the conversion! I just wish that clix figures were easier and cheaper to come across where I am, in the USA from places like http://www.miniaturemarket.com/ they seem to offer dirt cheap ones from what I’ve seen, but here in the UK it seems like its cheaper to get metal minis instead! Which is a shame as there are quite a few I”d like (just don’t want to spend crazy ebay money on them!!)

• Roger Webb October 19, 2015 at 7:11 pm #

I bought a large collection of heroklix off of ebay a while back (180 figs), let me know what ones, if any you are after and I’ll see what I can do.

Cheers Roger.

Liked by 1 person

• grimace73 October 19, 2015 at 8:50 pm #

Thanks Roger, I’m really after stuff i can use in my dungeon. since most (well 85%+) is 15mm, all I seem to have is my WFB orc & gobbo army and a handful of random monsters I have been collecting. I don’t have any adventurers yet, so if you have anything suitable in your spare clix, it’d be great!!

2. Roger Webb October 20, 2015 at 4:19 pm #

Hi Wil, I’ve had a look through, and as you can imagine the vast majority are spandex wearers and either unarmed or holding laser/guns. I’ve pulled out six that might be of use…

Arashi….. unarmoured samurai type with sword
    Enchantress,,, from Thor would make a female magic user
    Mordru…. another magic user male this time
    Hercules… unarmed muscle guy
    Electra…. with two small knives (cant think of the proper term for these)
    Typhoid Mary… female with two short swords

Sorry there aren’t more, but if your interested in any of the above let me know and I’ll E-mail you pics.

Cheers Roger.

Liked by 1 person

• grimace73 October 20, 2015 at 10:08 pm #

Many thanks Roger, yeah they sound great, and plus there are lots of female minis there which is good as my players consist of my 3 girls, who have already stated that they want minis of girls for their characters!! You already have my email, but in case you don’t its over on the contact me section (you know its not good putting out your email on any comments and stuff due to spammers!) Seriously, many thanks mate!

• Roger Webb October 22, 2015 at 6:52 pm #

HI Wil I know I have your E-mail somewhere but can I find it!, could you mail me through the website with your address.

Cheers Roger.

P.S. you are most welcome.

Liked by 1 person

• grimace73 October 23, 2015 at 5:48 pm #

Yes of course, I’ll mail you shortly! And again many thanks mate!